PF/ESIC Registration Online
According to the section 3 of the THE EMPLOYEES’ PROVIDENT FUNDS AND MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS ACT, 1952, any person who employs 20 or more persons has an obligation to register himself under this act. However there is no restriction to register himself under this act, if he employs less than the prescribed limit under the provident fund act.
In the budget 2018, the finance minister proposed to effect amendments in the Employees Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 as regards employee contributions.
Prior to the amendment, every employee had to contribute 12% of his or her basic salary towards EPF as a statutory mandate. And on the same rater employer also had to contribute.
But in the union budget 2018, the EPF contribution rate for the newly recruited female employees has been reduced from 12% to 8%. This privilege will be available to the new female employees for the first three years of employment.
The contribution from the employer’s end towards EPF, although, will continue to be at the rate of 12%. Additionally, the government has proposed to contribute 12% of the wages of new employees towards EPF; this is applicable to all the sectors of the economy for the next three years.
Checklist of the documents required for the registeration
- Name of the applicant
- Pan card of proprietor
- Id proof of the proprietor like Driving license/Passport/Election Card
- Address proof of proprietor.
- Address proof for the premises.
- Complete details of the applicant with their residential address and telephone number
For Partnership Firms / LLP / Company
- Name of the partnership firm or LLP or Company
- Certificate of Registration Firms in case of Partnership firm. Incorporation Certificate in case of LLP or Company.
- Partnership deed in case of partnership firms or LLP.
- Id proof of Partners –Pan card /Election Card / Passport/Driving license in case of Partnership Firm or LLP. ID proof of Directors in case of company.
- List of all partners with telephone number and address proof of all partners in case of Partnership Firm or LLP. List of all Directors with contact details in case of Company.
- In case of Society, Trust etc, Registration of the organization needs to be done with concerned authority.
- Certificate of incorporation of society/trust.
- Moa and Bye Laws of society and trust.
- Id proof of president and all members of society
- Complete details of president and all members with their complete address and telephone number.
- Pan card of society/trust
Common Documents Required for All Entities
- First sale bill.
- First purchase bill of raw material and machinery.
- GST Registration Certificate, if registered under GST.
- Name of the bankers, address of the bank.
- Record of a monthly strength of the number of employees.
- Register of salary and wages, all vouchers, all balance sheets from day one to current date of provisional coverage.
- Date of joining of employees, fathers name and date of birth.
- Salary and PF Statement.
- Cross cancelled cheque.